Decorating Dusts add luminence and shimmer to painted decoration once dried. These dusts can be used to accent individual gumpaste or fondant decorations, or can be applied to the entire baked good to apply a high-sheen finish.
HOW TO USE DECORATING DUSTS
A little bit of decorating dust goes a long way. Dissolve a small amount of luster dust in an extract containing alcohol (such as vanilla extract or lemon extract) or an alcohol such as vodka. It is important to use an alcohol solution to ensure that the moisture will evaporate after the dust has been applied. Mixing with water will not work.
Once the dust is mixed, apply with a small brush or airbrush. Colours can be blended or used individually to achieve shimmering results. In addition to being painted, it can also be used in airbrush decorating tools to achieve an even finish. Even try dipping fondant flowers in dust to transform them into sparkling decorations!
All dusts are classified as "non-toxic". Dusts are not a food product and are intended for decoration use only.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DECORATING DUSTS:
- TECHNO GLITTER (DISCO DUSTS) - Adds sparkle and glitter.
- DESIGNER LUSTER DUSTS (LUSTER DUSTS) - Adds both colour and a metallic sheen.
- ROYAL PEARL DUSTS (PEARL DUSTS) - Adds a pearl, iridescent shine with a hint of colour.
- BLOSSOM DUSTS (PETAL DUSTS) - Adds colour, but not shine. These have a matte finish and provide a realistic finish to flower decorations.
- HYBRID SPARKLE DUSTS - Adds a very high sheen metallic colour finish.
- FONDUST- Specially designed to blend evenly and release vibrant colour with extra low moisture food products.
- SPIRDUST - Specifically designed for cocktail shimmer.
NOTE: Some dusts may contain the following: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Carmine, Mica.
NOTE: Hybrid Sparkle Dusts, Spirdust and FONDUST are Canadian made and FDA & Health Canada Approved.