Decorate cupcakes and cookies, or create accents for cakes using these detailed texture mats. Use the mats in conjunction with Cupcake Top Fondant Cutters.
- Set of 3 mats, each mat a single design repeated four times
- Mats are 19.4 cm x 19.4 cm (7-5/8 x 7-5/8")
- Designs are approximately 8.3 cm (3-1/4")
Instructions using Rolled Fondant or Other Rolled Icings
- Bake and cool cupcake. Generously ice cupcake with your favorite cupcake icing.
- Lightly spray texture mat with a grease cooking spray. Wipe excess grease with a paper towel.
- Roll rolled fondant to approximately 1/16" thick.
- Place the smooth, rolled side of the fondant face down on the texture mat.
- Place the rolling pin on one end of the fondant with the mat underneath.
- Firmly roll over the fondant, rolling to the opposite end. Do not double roll.
- Lift the mat and the fondant.
•Flip over the mat so the fondant is on the bottom and the mat is on the top.
•Peel back the mat.
•Cut fondant using a cutter.
•Place textured circle on top of the iced cupcake.
•If icing has crusted, brush a thin layer of piping gel onto the icing to adhere the fondant circle
To Add Contrasting Colors Color details with food color markers or food color thinned with water. If using food color markers, allow the fondant-covered cupcake to harden overnight before coloring. Thinned royal icing may also be used to add color to the fondant-covered treats. Pipe contrasting colors of thinned royal icing into the recessed area.