CMC also referred as CMC Gum, is technically named Carboxymethyl Cellulose and is often used as a thickener and/or a texture ingredient in many applications throughout the food service industry. Some in the industry also refer CMC as Tylose powder or Tylopur - which is a brand name derivative of CMC powder. Tylose is an alternative product to use in making gumpaste instead of gum tragacanth. The advantage of the Tylose is that the paste is less expensive,, easier to make, holds up better in humidity and is whiter in color. The 50 grams container makes approximately 3 pounds of finished gumpaste.
- An enhanced Tylose Powder that provides the paste with binding and structural properties that makes the paste last longer.
- Specially formulated to resist humidity
- Improved freeze and thaw stability
- Emulsifies fat to prevent oxidation
- Flowers and showpieces dry remarkably fast, excellent to use in pastillage.
This product is prepared and packaged using machines that may come into contact with Wheat/Gluten, Eggs, Dairy or Dairy Products, Peanuts, Soy, and/or Tree Nuts.